Blender for Animators
Learn the PROFESSIONAL way to animate
During this course, students will discover the fundamentals of animation while using Blender’s animation tools. If you are new to animation or looking to swap your animation software to Blender, this is the course for you.
NO PRE-REQUISITES NEEDED
11 week access to:
- Live & Recorded Classes
- Extra Lectures by Jason Ryan, Director at CineSite.
- Feature Rigs
Who you learn from Matters
What to expect in this Workshop
Blender is becoming more and more popular among animation studios, so it's never been a better time to dive into the powerful free program. This workshop will teach you the ins and outs of Blender while also helping you to take your animations to the next level with some of the industry's best tips, tricks, techniques, and workflows.
Starting with a complete introduction to Blender, get comfortable navigating within the program. Then we will focus on all the tools and features necessary to help you start bringing your imagination to life. The workshop will be tailored to each student's skill level, so whether you’re brand new to both Blender and animation, or you're an experienced animator who wants to swap your animation software and learn some new tricks along the way, each student’s skill level will be considered so they are able to get the most out of the workshop and the assignments.
- Week 1 - Introduction to Blender
- Week 2 - Blender Basics - Pose Mode, Timeline, Keying, Linking files
- Week 3 - Weight, Timing, and Spacing - Graph Editor basics
- Week 4 - Importance of clarity & posing
- Week 5 - Editing Reference and Setting up a Shot
- Week 6 - Workflows & Techniques: Pose to Pose, Straight Ahead, Layered
- Week 7 - Blocking Techniques & Tools - Pose slider, mirror tool, inbetweener
- Week 8 - Working with constraints and baking
- Week 9 - Animation Layers, & Space Switching
- Week 10 - Polish Workflow
- Week 11 - Lighting, Rendering, and Presenting your Shot