Introduction to Game Animation
Animation and Game Principles
This workshop is an entry level class, introducing character animation for video games in Maya. Only basic knowledge of animation in Maya is required for this workshop, fundamentals in-game insights will be integrated along the way to get you ready for our main program.
11 week access to:
- Live & Recorded Classes
- Extra Lectures by Jason Ryan, CineSite Animation Director.
- Feature Rigs
Who you learn from Matters
Why an introduction workshop?
Our four workshop program is pretty challenging and that’s exactly what we intended. We’ll fill your mind with a great amount of technical knowledge and work really hard on your artistic skills with many assignment. iAnimate Games students greatly benefits from this approach, we tend to push them further more than they think they can go, make them progress much faster than they expected. This approach also prepares you well for the reality of the industry. That being said there’s a difference between being pushed hard and being completely overwhelmed. That’s why we’ve created a new introduction workshop for less experienced animators, making sure we give them all the tools and knowledge they need to hit the ground running when enrolling into the program.
- Week 1 - Introduction to animation and games
- Week 2 - Graph Editor, Constraints and Baking
- Week 3 - Animation theory
- Week 4 - Techniques for animation and games
- Week 5 - Character animation
- Week 6 - Reference
- Week 7 - Animation Planning and Process for In-Games
- Week 8 - Blocking and starting
- Week 9 - Spine Pass
- Week 10 - Advance Constraining with Animation and Engine
- Week 11 - Camera Setup, Basic Lighting and Rendering