Creature Animation 2
Now that you've learned the fundamentals of quadruped locomotion in Workshop 1, it's time to focus on animal behaviours. The goal of this workshop is to craft believable and entertaining animal performances and make your showreel stand out.
11 week access to:
- Live & Recorded Classes
- Extra Lectures by Jason Ryan, CineSite Animation Director.
- Feature Rigs
Who you learn from Matters
The goal of this second creatures workshop is to build upon skills acquired in WS1 by applying your knowledge of body mechanics and introducing the concept of specific animal behaviors and actions that convey an emotion state. Workshop two is about "animal genuine acting" through the thorough observation of animal behavior.
- Week 1 - Introduction and workshop overview.
- Week 2 - Animal and Creature thought process. Blocking techniques.
- Week 3 - Adding breakdown poses to your blocking.
- Week 4 - Polishing your animation. Techniques, tips and tricks.
- Week 5 - Animal facial expressions and motion
- Week 6 - Dog behaviours
- Week 7 - Focus of the week: Cat behaviours
- Week 8 - Primate behaviors
- Week 9 - Horse and Cervidae behaviors
- Week 10 - Birds (introduction to Creature W3)
- Week 11 - Dragon (introduction to Creature W3)