on June 12, 2014
Our latest rig release is a really appealing female character named Zoey. Beautifully designed & modeled by Kevin Webb, and rigged by the very talented Victor Vinyals. She has been rigged with full feature controls on her body, face and hair to allow our students to get nice broad actions, as well as fine level tweakers for more close up subtle shots. Zoey is the first of many more cartoony type characters to be added to our awesome line up. We will announce and release our next cartoony male character very soon.
on June 05, 2014
Back in April, iAnimate was "On the road" at Pixel Animation with a line up of all-star artists. list of iAnimate speakers at Pixel Animation 2014:
- Bennie Terry (Technical Art Director at Spark Unlimited)
- Bryan Wynia (Senior Character Artist at Hi-Rez Studios)
- Hyrum Osmond (Supervising Animator at Walt Disney Animation Studios)
- Izzy (Visual Development Artist at Riot Games)
- Jalil Sadool (Animator at Dreamworks)
- Joshua Ochoa (Senior Technical Artist at Robotoki)
- Justin Yun (Creative Director/CCO at Section Studios)
- Kevin Rucker (Senior Animator at Blizzard Entertainment)
- Kris Pearn (Head of Story at Sony Pictures Animation)
- Mathieu Di Muro (Senior Animator at ILM)
- Pierre Perifel (Head of Animation at DreamWorks Animation)
- Scott Holmes (Animation Supervisor at Nickelodeon Animation Studios)
- Simon Unger (Lead Animator at Robotoki)
- Ted Ty (Animator at Dreamworks Animation)
on June 03, 2014
If you like animation, vfx, lighting, modeling, really the whole pipeline...then you're really going to like Blur Studios' latest animation reel. Wow!
on May 30, 2014
"Let's Talk About Games" is a series of short interviews produce by iAnimate Games with key players from the video game industry. In this two-part video, we speak with Ubisoft, Animation Director, Colin Graham about their recently released Watch Dogs.
on May 26, 2014
I was enrolled in workshop4 in spring 2014. I live in Vancouver, Canada, currently working as an Animator for Piranha Games Inc. There was a BIG career fair here today. About 30 companies participated in it. Almost everyone who saw my reel immediately recognized iAnimate from its characters. They had nothing but good words about iAnimate students. It was amazing. They loved the appeal in the characters and yeah, they liked the animation too. :) iAnimate is a great school. I am waiting to return back. Jason, I miss your weekly lectures so much. iAnimate has a great reach and its amazing to be a part of it's community.
- Suresh Padmaraj
on May 19, 2014
Our friends over at Animdesk, recently published an exclusive interview with Brett Pascal, our Games workshop 3 instructor. Check out the interview HERE.
on May 13, 2014
Each week Jason Ryan does a workflow class by taking an animation sequence similar to what members would receive (i.e. body mechanics, dialog, etc.), and animates the shot live for the students. This is available to all iAnimate members. This is the rendered version of a recent acting shot Jason worked through during our Winter 2014 term.
on May 08, 2014
iAnimate interviews feature film animator and instructor Jacob Gardner. Jacob has been working at Dreamworks Animation for over 5 years on films such as Shrek Forever After, Megamind, Puss in Boots, and Rise of the Guardians. Jacob found a love for animation at an early age. As early as seven years old, when he could have been found poorly mimicking the genie in Disney's Aladdin, Jacob knew he wanted to create living and loving animated characters. Enjoy this insightful and entertaining interview; and see if you can recongnize the special guest cameo.