Character Rigging 1
Introduction to the features in Maya used to create a complex character rig. This is an animator friendly approach that doesn't require previous rigging or scripting experience. Learn the tools and tricks of the character rigger furthermore. This second part will focus on the deformations and skinning of your character rig.
11 week access to:
- Live & Recorded Classes
- Extra Lectures by Jason Ryan, CineSite Animation Director.
- Feature Rigs
Who you learn from Matters
We'll define rigging and looks at some example rigs. We'll talk about the relationship between the rigging department and the other departments in a character pipeline. We will cover some essential terminology and definitions.
In this class students will learn about joints and skeletons in Maya. Building off the week before, we will learn why joints are special nodes in Maya and what advantages they have in rigging. We will also see how a skeleton is created from layering joints and we will talk about proper joint placement. We will learn about orienting joints correctly as well as joint rotation order.
- Week 1 - Introduction to Rigging
- Week 2 - Objects, attributes, and transformations
- Week 3 - Joints and skeletons
- Week 4 - Constraints
- Week 5 - Forward and Inverse Kinematics
- Week 6 - Animation controls
- Week 7 - Intro to deformations and skinning
- Week 8 - Blendshapes
- Week 9 & 10 - Skin Clusters
- Week 11 - Putting it all together