Lighting & Compositing Workshop 1 breakdown
(The cost of this 11 week workshop is broken out into a single payment of $999) | APPLY
- This workshop as a total of 10 lectures and 4 reviews.
- Using Maya interface for Surfacing, Lighting and Rendering
- Each Lecture will start with a 10-15 minutes Q&A.
- Exercise; the students will be provided the same Maya scene that as been used during the lecture/demo to explore and practice what as been presented.
- Maya Directory structure
- Render Setting and Render View
- Light types and Attributes. Exploring Lights in Maya. (using grayscale model with Maya Software renderer)
Week 2 (Lecture & Review)
- 10-15 Min Review/Questions from WEEK 1 (as needed)
- Basic of lighting and physique.
- Real life lighting and how to apply/cheat with CG lights.
- Decay Rate
- Point of interest, separating elements and depth. Following line of Action (FX).
- Viewport/Lighting renderer
- Ray Depth Limit
- WEDNESDAY Review Assignment/Exercise week 2 and 3.
- Establishing the Scene mood based on its Storytelling.
- Sculpting characters with lighting.
- Lighting a scene: Lighting should help eyes of the audience to follow point of interest. Emphasized the direction of effects (FX) or line of Action.
- Introduction to Mental Ray renderer
- Render Quality
- Final Gather and IBL (Image Based Lighting)
- Display bottom.
- 10-15 Min Review/Questions from WEEK 3 (as needed)
- Light Linking.
- Texture map in lights, creating blockers.
- Introduction to "Render Layer".
- Introduction to Compositing using Nuke (Basic)
- 10-15 Min Review/Questions from WEEK 4 (as needed)
- Shading and texture Network with Hypershade.Exploring different shader, assign Texture maps. (Most common maps: Specular/reflectivity, Diffuse, Bump)
- UV Texture editor
- Volumetric Maya software and MentalRay
- 10-15 Min Review/Questions from WEEK 5 (as needed)
- Translucency Shader
- Lighting interior Set
Grouping light per source.
How to create-Cheat lamp.
- Introduction to RenderLayer with Animated Element and Static BG
Week 7 (Review)
WEDNESDAY Review Assignment WEEK 6.
Week 8 (Lecture & Review)
- 10-15 Min Review/Questions from WEEK 07 (as needed)
- Final Project
- using contraint
- lighting and grouping
- WEDNESDAY Review Assignment WEEK 8.
Week 9 (Lecture & Review)
- Lighting and Final Output
- Setting up lighting file with Animated Character, review of 1 animated scenes.
- WEDNESDAY Review Assignment WEEK 9. Need All render passes and element properly Rendered for WEEK 10 "Introduction to Compositing".
- Introduction to Compositing. (using NUKE)
- Understanding Image Math ( example; Math of Add, Subtract ).
- What is Premultiply and Unpremultiply, Alpha Channel
- How to use node, basic compositing with render pass Input.
Week 11 (Review)
WEDNESDAY Review final project.